Pieris Pharmaceuticals is a publicly traded biotechnology company (Nasdaq: PIRS) with operations in Germany and the United States, specializing in the discovery and development of anticalin-based drugs to address validated disease pathways individually and transformatively. Together with our partners, we carry out innovative research in the fields of immuno-oncology, respiratory diseases and ophthalmology. Pieris' proprietary Anticalin proteins are a novel class of drugs validated by clinical trials and partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced:
Team Leader / Senior Scientist, Cell Assay Platform
As an enthusiastic and self-motivated scientist, you will be involved in the discovery and preclinical development of novel therapeutics. You have excellent communication and coordination skills to work effectively with other teams in the multidisciplinary matrix and with external partners. You will work in a dynamic drug discovery organization and perform cutting edge science to characterize the mechanism of action of our Anticalin drug candidates aimed at inducing and maintaining anti-tumor immune responses.
- Provide leadership to a team of direct reports through coaching and mentoring
- Provides in depth and hands-on technical expertise/scientific guidance to team members
- In conjunction with the other team leaders and scheduler co-ordinate the team's day to day activities
- Define with preclinical biological lead best strategy and time lines for development and provide plan and FTE requirement
- Set up, develop and organize according to pipeline in high and low throughput platform assay required for Anticalin and anticalin fusions functional characterization
- Interpret data to develop recommendation for project progression
- Automatize program specific cell assays to allow best throughput and quality results
- Complete quality records (deviations and change controls) in a timely manner
- Write and review SOPs and forms
- Present results internally and externally
- PhD Immunology/Biology or related area plus 2-5 years' experience as a team leader in industry
- Background in immuno-oncology or respiratory pathology will be a plus
- Strong tissue culture experience with primary and transformed cell lines
- Extensive hands-on experience with transferring assays onto automation
- Familiar with programming benchtop automation devices such as MultiDrop Combi, Tecan liquid handlers
- Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting and routine instrument maintenance
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills to be able to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 120 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation.
Each of our employees participates directly in the success of the company through a stock option program and a stock savings plan. In addition, each employee participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.