Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking a
Investment Management Team
Full-time / Part-time
SME Finance Specialist (m/f/d)
We are looking for a finance professional who will contribute to the expansion of SME finance and the transformation and recovery of SMEs. This position builds on more than a decade of financing of SMEs in the amount of EUR 5 billion through the funds we advise and EUR 69 million of capacity building through the TA facilities we manage to enable SME finance through the financial sectors and SME ecosystem.
The global pandemic, changes in supply chains, disruptions through technology and automation, migration patterns, changes in consumption patterns to name a few of the global and regional trends, constitute threats and opportunities for SMEs in our countries of operation. With this in mind, we are seeking a SME finance specialist who understands these trends and implications for SMEs and steers the research and development of customized SME products accordingly, with the aim to advance SMEs through finance and capacity building in partners and ecosystem.
We are seeking a curious mind eager to engage in a meaningful and impactful way with SMEs and financing partners and to strengthen their role and contribution to employment, equality, and sustainability.
SME Finance product development
- Analyse the demand of SMEs for finance and support across sectors with a focus on EU accession countries and EU neighbourhood region
- In close coordination with the Investment Management team, engage with financial institutions/financial services providers/platforms in the development of SME finance products, services and portfolio, with the aim to advance the recovery and grow financing to SMEs
- Analyse needs for and design capacity building and TA for financing and other ecosystem partners to strengthen the SME finance and advisory offering
- Lead the market mapping of partner lending institutions relevant for SME finance, analyze their SME loan portfolio and internal capacity, structures and processes to expand SME lending activities
- Support the respective investment teams in the initial screening, due -diligence and credit proposal of selected investment deals focusing on the analysis of portfolio profile, lending practices, E&S management and impact potential
- Design innovative products in the sphere of SME finance to be offered by FiM and its mandated funds in alignment with impact objectives of donors and investors
- Contribute to the design of and coordinate impact measurement tools to measure impact of SME finance and related investments of the funds based on industry standards
- Conduct fundamental market research relevant for SME finance, including identifying fundamental shifts, economic parameters, FX and other drivers across the countries and sectors in the EU accession countries and EU neighbourhood region
- Conduct and analyze market research on SME finance good practice, trends and offerings, in particular on new financial products and new financial technology solutions relevant for the advancement of SMEs and their competitiveness through Investment or TA
- Analyze and assess findings from market research in support of the SME Finance strategy of FiM and its fund under management
- Prepare discussion papers, presentations, reports and other knowledge products
- Support in high level strategic discussions including investor relations, funding and fund structuring
- Engaging in a strategic dialogue with sector stakeholders, and continuing to develop and deepen the company's network of external contacts
- Representing the company at conferences, workshops, and other relevant events
What we expect:
- Sufficient relevant work experience, preferable in SME Banking in a development finance and/or commercial finance environment
- Strong understanding and versatile experience in credit processes and methodologies of SME Banking
- Additional understanding of analysis of financial institutions and experience in financial product development in SME Finance are an advantage
- Effective researcher and creative thinker with strong data analysis skills and the capability to translate research into convincible, tangible, and relevant knowledge products
- High client relationship management skills, strong team-orientation, coupled with an open and engaging communication style and inter-personal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent command of English language
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Professional experience with Excel and PowerPoint, Sharepoint
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion's vision/mission
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Our more than 230 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application.
Tel.: 0049 (0) 69 271 035-477