At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
Since opening our U.S. office in Boston in 2019, we have doubled in size to support our rapid growth, building teams of experts across a variety of different disciplines, from drug development to commercialization.
To learn more, visit us at www.MorphoSys.com, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Reporting to the MOR Inc. Senior Director, Accounting; U.S. Controller, the Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for leading financial close, complex technical transactions, coaching and reviewing work of staff accounting, financial reporting analysis, auditor management and SOX controls.
- Lead the monthly financial close process by preparing and reviewing journal entries, analyses, and reconciliations to ensure accurate financials and timely closing of the books. This will include technical accounting research and position papers as the situations arise.
- Work with the US Inc. Controller to ensure the company has an adequate system of accounting records, policies, and SOX controls
- Coach and mentor the Staff Accountants as they take on additional responsibilities.
- Assist with the design and implementation of additional policies and procedures necessary to comply with current and future financial reporting requirements
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements and account reconciliations
- Evaluate business transactions for proper accounting and prepare required audit documentation
- Be a reliable business partner to all applicable departments within the Company, specifically providing relevant and reliable information to the Commercial and FP&A functions as it pertains to Company performance metrics, and present to the Leadership Team as needed.
- Be a point of contact with our external and internal auditors throughout the course of the respective audit cycles, including working diligently with the Controller to ensure financial processes are designed, operating, and documented appropriately and in accordance with SOX guidelines (while working to continuously improve those processes).
- Lead ad hoc Finance projects
Preferred but not required experience, knowledge, and skills
- You will offer three years' experience
- You will hold a Bachelors' degree in accounting or other discipline
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with IFRS / GAAP
- You are detail orientated but flexible and adaptable to change. You can work well independently and are proactive about resolving problems.
- You work well in a small team environment and can roll up your sleeves to ensure all department goals are achieved
- You are naturally collaborative and enjoy building relationships with stakeholders outside the Finance function
- Experience working with SAP strong preferred but not required
Certified Public Accountancy License (CPA)
Health & Safety
Culture & Benefits
- Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
As a full time employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule - giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success.
MorphoSys, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be
requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.