We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, knowledge of SOX control, and IFRS. The position reports directly to the Controller, works closely with the SVP of Finance and other key stakeholders in the US business, and the finance team located in Company Headquarters in Germany.
As a member of the finance team, you will be accountable for the accounting and SOX activities for MorphoSys US. The Senior Accountant will maintain general ledger integrity, ensure timely financial closing, assist external auditor review, manage & process vendor invoices and payment. In addition, the Senior Accountant will significantly contribute to the overall control environment by providing training and proactive accounting guidance to our Business Partners and internal stakeholders and keeping all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) current. This individual will also help to drive continuous improvement initiatives aimed at increasing the efficiency of our processes as well as supporting transformational activities. The Senior Accountant must possess great attention to detail and ability to learn new things, as the responsibilities will expand as we grow to inventory, revenue recognition and accounts receivable. Detailed responsibilities as below:
- Responsible for all aspects of closing activates by preparing assigned journal entries, account reconciliations and conducting BS and P&L variance analysis.
- Conducts end to end of supplier invoicing and payment process to ensure our vendors and employees are paid on time.
- Maintains fixed asset register to ensure fixed assets are properly capitalized and depreciated in accordance with useful life.
- Assists external auditor PwC review and SOX control documentation.
- Act as subject matter expert for SAP by Design.
- Conducts accounting research for new accounting standards.
- Contributes to excellence in execution and continuous improvement of accounting processes and controls.
- Performs various analysis and Ad Hoc reports as required.