MorphoSys is focused on creating significant value for all of its stakeholders through a strategy that balances short- and long-term growth potential along with a focus on our customers. We are dedicated to bringing breakthrough medicines in oncology to market to help address unmet needs for patients with serious diseases. By applying our proprietary technologies, MorphoSys has become a world leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies. The company has established successful and lasting partnerships with industry-leading companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. For example, we recently entered into a global collaboration and license agreement with Incyte Corporation to further develop and commercialize MorphoSys' lead investigational asset.
The product pipeline, one of the broadest in the biotech industry, includes over 100 distinct investigational drugs, and more than 25 therapeutic antibodies in clinical trials. This foundation combining high science and innovative technology elevates the standards for how antibodies will be made in the future enabling their use as research, diagnostic, and therapeutic tools.
Through specific in-licensing and co-development activities of our own, and in conjunction with our partners, the company is adding higher value programs to the pipeline at a significant rate. Our comprehensive partnering strategy is an important feature of our business model, and a vital source of MorphoSys' financial strength.
To advance the development of Tafasitamab and in preparation for its planned commercialization MorphoSys founded MorphoSys US Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MorphoSys AG, and raised independent funding by successfully closing an IPO on the Nasdaq U.S. stock exchange in April 2018. Our focused, controlled growth and commercialization journey has been substantial starting in 2018 with our US IPO and culminating in our Incyte Corporation partnership in 2020. These three years have been important for MorphoSys as we continue to strive to deliver innovative medicines to patients who need them. The company is realizing our goal of becoming a fully integrated global biopharmaceutical company.
Tafasitamab is an investigational, Fc-engineered therapeutic antibody targeting CD19 that is in development for the treatment of B cell malignancies. The focus of the development program is on relapsed or refractory (R/R) diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), a particularly aggressive form of lymphoma. Tafasitamab received a breakthrough therapy designation (BTD) from the FDA in 2017 based on preliminary data from the phase 2 L-MIND study, which is evaluating the safety and efficacy of Tafasitamab in combination with lenalidomide. MorphoSys published the final L-MIND data in May 2019, and filed the BLA for Tafasitamab with the FDA in December 2019 which got accepted on March 2nd, 2020 with a priority review status. The BLA acceptance letter from the FDA also included a target PDUFA (Prescription Drug User Fee Act) date of August 30, 2020.
Job Summary & General Responsibilities
The Oncology Sales Manager (OSM) will be responsible for product sales for Tafasitamab within a designated geography. As the portfolio of products expands, the OSM may take on responsibilities for future products/indications. The OSM is also responsible for the creation, coordination and execution of strategic business plans for key accounts within their assigned territory based on market dynamics and business analytics. Responsibilities will include clinical selling and promotion of Tafasitamab (on-label only
), reimbursement and patient services support (within compliance guidelines), and to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key decision makers (i.e. hematologists, oncologists, KOLs, etc.).
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives within assigned geography for Tafasitamab
- Promote on-label use of Tafasitamab to targeted customer base
- Strong clinical selling acumen
- Maintains a productive and compliant working relationship with our GPO partners within the Community and Hospital Hematology/Oncology space
- Develop strategically targeted account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop long-term relationships with key accounts and stakeholders within the marketplace
- Create, build and maintain relationships with key decision makers, administrators, nursing departments, etc.
- Develop local provider payer advocates to support corporate and/or brand initiatives
- Effectively manage time, resources and workload
- Master the use of all technologies and administrative aspects of the role and ensure 100% consistency in task execution & completion