The MSL/Sr, MSL will act as the company's technical, scientific, and medical expert for their region. S/he will enhance the understanding of scientific and medical information related to the company's therapeutics across targeted communities. S/he will provide the company with field-based insights and serve as a conduit for scientific collaborations.
The Senior MSL/Sr. MSL will also interact with oncology health care professionals, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, PAs, and payers. S/he will support company-sponsored research programs and act as the point of contact for investigator-initiated trials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage external stakeholders on medical and scientific information in the area of cancer therapies during one-on-one interactions and group settings, exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical knowledge
- Maintain knowledge of medical and scientific developments in precision oncology to help identify and critically assess research opportunities
- Play a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of the company's products in a real-world setting
- Articulate the medical and scientific value of the company's products with external experts, especially as they relate to relevant diseases and disease management protocols, the healthcare environment, and competitors
- Establish robust, long-term peer relationships with KOLs and other stakeholder partners
- Actively engage with stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within regulatory guidelines
- Effectively utilize a scientific engagement model for attending and establishing a company presence at relevant scientific congresses and symposia as directed
- Organize educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested
- Support speaker training to ensure continued scientific support in the field
- Critically evaluate key insights from published studies and stakeholder interactions that deepen the company's understanding of market needs and the opinions of external stakeholders
- Contribute to the enhancement of the company's scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development
- Maintain awareness of and assess emerging evidence in the oncology disease area to educate and enhance discussions with key stakeholders