MorphoSys is focused on creating significant value for all of its stakeholders through a strategy that balances short- and long-term growth potential along with a focus on our customers. We are dedicated to bringing breakthrough medicines in oncology to market to help address unmet needs for patients with serious diseases. By applying our proprietary technologies, MorphoSys has become a world leader in the field of therapeutic antibodies. The company has established successful and lasting partnerships with industry-leading companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. For example, we recently entered into a global collaboration and license agreement with Incyte Corporation to further develop and commercialize MorphoSys' lead investigational asset.
The product pipeline, one of the broadest in the biotech industry, includes over 100 distinct investigational drugs, and more than 25 therapeutic antibodies in clinical trials. This foundation combining high science and innovative technology elevates the standards for how antibodies will be made in the future enabling their use as research, diagnostic, and therapeutic tools.
Through specific in-licensing and co-development activities of our own, and in conjunction with our partners, the company is adding higher value programs to the pipeline at a significant rate. Our comprehensive partnering strategy is an important feature of our business model, and a vital source of MorphoSys' financial strength.
To advance the development of Tafasitamab and in preparation for its planned commercialization MorphoSys founded MorphoSys US Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MorphoSys AG, and raised independent funding by successfully closing an IPO on the Nasdaq U.S. stock exchange in April 2018. Our focused, controlled growth and commercialization journey has been substantial starting in 2018 with our US IPO and culminating in our Incyte Corporation partnership in 2020. These three years have been important for MorphoSys as we continue to strive to deliver innovative medicines to patients who need them. The company is realizing our goal of becoming a fully integrated global biopharmaceutical company.
Tafasitamab is an investigational, Fc-engineered therapeutic antibody targeting CD19 that is in development for the treatment of B cell malignancies. The focus of the development program is on relapsed or refractory (R/R) diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), a particularly aggressive form of lymphoma. Tafasitamab received a breakthrough therapy designation (BTD) from the FDA in 2017 based on preliminary data from the phase 2 L-MIND study, which is evaluating the safety and efficacy of Tafasitamab in combination with lenalidomide. MorphoSys published the final L-MIND data in May 2019, and filed the BLA for Tafasitamab with the FDA in December 2019 which got accepted on March 2nd, 2020 with a priority review status. The BLA acceptance letter from the FDA also included a target PDUFA (Prescription Drug User Fee Act) date of August 30, 2020.
Job Summary & General Responsibilities
The Manager Sales Operations will be a key member of the Business Operations and Innovative team. S/he will support the incentive compensation, sales analytics, resource deployment, and field enablement practices for the sales team in the Commercial Organization. Focus areas include design, development, and administration of all IC plans that align to MorphoSys guiding principles, development of target lists following brand strategy, IC and other sales related analytics, field technology enabling seamless customer and home office engagement, and overall field force execution of brand strategy.
This individual will be part of the Business Operations and Innovation team, and will report to the Associate Director, Business Operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead for the field force readiness team which is responsible for coordinating all activities in support of a successful Morphosys field team onboarding experience, training, and operationalization
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle program across US commercial and medical affairs field resources
- Act as the representative of the commercial team for CRM enhancements and testing
- Support the development and gain alignment on the design and implementation of the incentive compensation programs for sales team
- Partner with US Marketing and Sales leads to develop and deliver field performance reporting and subnational analytics to identify actionable insights to improve performance
- Implementing field force call planning, call reporting and customer segmentation and targeting tools for the field force
- Develop and maintain changes to field territory alignments
- Work with sales leadership to ensure that Morphosys' performance data is accurately reflected in incentive compensation calculations and rankings
- Work with field teams to maintain updates to customer master attributes utilized for incentive compensation and sales reporting, such as account alignment address
- Identify and implement improvements to customer master data quality; identify variances and issues with data integrity to ensure proper and compliant communication of data