Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking an
Energy Project Finance Professional (m/f/d)
- Screen, structure, negotiate and execute new investment transactions, primarily senior debt project finance structures
- Business development and relationship management for an assigned portfolio
- Monitor existing investments, both from a financial and covenants perspective as well as for environmental and social aspects
- Other GGF/ Finance in Motion tasks (process development, reporting, other)
What we expect:
- Track-record in independently structuring, negotiating, and executing senior debt project finance transactions
- A personal network in the relevant business, preferably in the GGF target region
- Experience in working in an international development context, with a strong preference for previous experience working with or for an international development financial institution
- Ability to independently create and manage project finance financial models based on best practice methodology
- Strong understanding of international best practice environmental and social requirements for infrastructure projects
- Experience in deal-team leadership, and a strong team-player
- Regular travel, including to the GGF target region (around 30% of time)
- Good public-speaking skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, French is an advantage
- Flexible, pragmatic, and solution-oriented
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
Our more than 230 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application.