MorphoSys is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative therapies for patients suffering from serious diseases, with a focus on cancer. Living up to the origin of our name - Metamorphosis - we have embarked on an ambitious transformation from a leading R&D company to a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with an approval for a breakthrough cancer therapy.
Over the last two decades, MorphoSys forged partnerships with many of the leading global pharmaceutical companies. Together with our global partners, we have developed more than 100 product candidates, of which 27 are currently in clinical development - one of the broadest pipelines in the industry.
Headquartered in Planegg, near Munich, Germany, MorphoSys, including the fully owned U.S. subsidiary MorphoSys US Inc. in Boston, MA, has 600+ employees.
Learn MOR at www.morphosys.com or www.morphosys-us.com.
Job Summary & General Responsibilities
The Director, Medical Affairs, will have direct responsibility for driving the global and US medical evidence generation strategy for hemato-oncology therapies. Focus of the evidence generation activities will be to initiate and execute observational Real World Evidence (RWE) studies as well Health Economics and Outcome Research (HEOR) projects. This position will be based in Boston, MA, with a functional reporting line to the Senior Director in Global Medical Affairs.
- Data and Evidence Generation:
- Develop and execute evidence generation projects addressing key needs of external stakeholders including:
- Phase IV observational studies (NIS, registries)
- RWE research projects complementing existing evidence
- HEOR projects
- Other research projects
- Ensure project execution within time and budget in close collaboration with Director Medical Affairs for Strategy and Operations
- Lead publication and presentation of Phase IV/RWE/HEOR study results at conferences and peer reviewed journals
- Support and lead integrated evidence generation initiatives to map evidence needs and programs addressing major gaps
- Support MorphoSys' development of positioning as scientific authority in the field of RWE generation by initiation and implementation of innovative projects
- Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and internal SOPs as appropriate
- Scientific Engagement:
- Support development of KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information and implementation of RWE projects
- Support building strategic partnerships with KOL to ensure that MorphoSys' portfolio is appropriately positioned in treatment guidelines and protocols through the provision of balanced, scientific information
- Ensure HCP and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and standard
- Represent Medical Affairs in cross-functional teams including launch/life cycle team