When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one. We commit to providing possible best development and career growth to all our employees through digitalized learning ways in order to keep them up with development of technological changing.
In Maersk we are on a vision to become The Global Integrator of container logistics - connecting and simplifying our customers' supply chain. You will join a truly ground-breaking journey striving to continuing to strengthen the focus to become a truly customer-centric company, serving our customers' individual needs.
The purpose of the role is to provide the most reliable and efficient service to our customers at the lowest possible cost. Develop and implement a strategy to create customisable solutions based on customer needs, while maintaining standard product offerings. Providing the highest level of customer satisfaction while complying with regulations of authorities and laws
· Prepare and submit all necessary documents and registrations for the client’s cargoes to customs. (Import / Export / Transit)
· Ensure correct, timely and accurate data entries in all systems
· Continuously staying up-to-date with changing local procedures and regulations, especially ensure handling according to the Union Customs Code (Unionszollkodex)
· Meeting the agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
· Assist in solving daily operational issues; interacting with the various stakeholders: warehouse, trucking companies, surveyors, authorities, company colleagues and the customers
· Job Costing, Documentation, Invoicing, Dispute Handling
· Working in the daily operations with meetings, safety standard, proper documentation and regulations
· Reporting of service failure issues and other challenges to the Supervisor and/or Manager and the respective customers and stakeholders
· Maintenance of permits, authorizations, licences and data transfer
· Refresher and trainings on customs- related topics
· The ideal candidate has a detailed knowledge of customs legislation, practical experience in issuing customs clearance entries (ATLAS, NCTS)
· Professional standard knowledge of Forwarding Services (CHB + VAS)
· Pro-active team member who has the ability of organizing and managing workload and with drive for productivity and efficiency as well as for ‘process excellence’, ready to increase own forwarding skills
· Good language skills - German and English required
· Conflict resolution and negotiation
· Cost awareness
· Customer focus: is dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of internal customers; drive for quality and improvement of products and services; act on favour of the customer
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) products and ability to quickly adapt to software
· Detailer specialist with a reduced emotionality (ability to keep cool in hectic situations)
· Team player – works together with others in the business unit to achieve results, fosters teamwork
• International experience working for the world´s leader, in a dynamic, global industry.
• Work with colleagues and clients across the world.
• Excellent training development opportunities and global career prospects.
• Enhance your communication, problem solving and relation building skills.
• Competitive salary and excellent bonus package.