The Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE (Interreg CE) Programme is one of the 15 transnational programmes established in the framework of the European Territorial Cooperation Objective of the EU Cohesion Policy for the programming period 2014-2020.
The Interreg CE Programme supports regional cooperation among nine central European countries: Austria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia, as well as parts of Germany and Italy. The overall objective of the programme is «to cooperate beyond borders to make central European cities and regions better places to live and work» by implementing smart solutions answering to regional challenges in the fields of innovation, low-carbon economy, environment, culture and transport. The total programme budget is of around 246 million Euros from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The Interreg CE Programme is managed by the City of Vienna, acting as programme Managing Authority (MA), with the support of the Joint Secretariat (JS) established in compliance with Article 23(2) of Regulation (EU) No 1299/2013.
Further information and relevant documents concerning the Interreg CE Programme can be found on the programme website: www.interreg-central.eu.
We are currently recruiting a
Financial Officer for Technical Assistance (m/f)
Main duties and responsibilities (job profile)
The selected candidate shall perform the following tasks:
Technical Assistance management and monitoring
Programme management and monitoring
- Supports the management of the Technical Assistance (TA) budget according to the approved JS work programme
- Keeps TA level of spending monitored
- Prepares annual and monthly accounts according to internal procedures
- Collects and archives invoices related to TA
- Verifies adherence to internal administration rules
- Prepares all relevant documentation in view of annual controls and audits
- Manages the TA ARGE database and the TA section of the programme electronic Monitoring System (eMS)
- Keeps cash management
- Prepares, compiles and administers data and documents for internal use (staff working/attendance sheets, travels and holidays sheets, etc.)
Support to JS coordination and management
- Supports the preparation of programme management documents (annual work plans, annual and final implementation reports, etc.) in cooperation with the Head of Office
- Supports the preparation and revision of the programme TA manual in cooperation with the Head of Office
- Supports the planning and preparation of public procurement procedures in coordination with the Head of Office and the MA
- Prepares contracts with service providers and consultants
- Verifies the delivery of ordered products and services regarding the factual and arithmetical correctness of invoices
- Supports the preparation, amendment and update of relevant programme documents (programme manuals, JS internal manual, etc.)
Eligibility and selection criteria
The Financial Officer for Technical Assistance will be appointed on the basis of personal merit and her/his knowledge and skills. Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following eligibility criteria:
- Participates in monthly JS coordination meetings
- Supports the management of office supplies as well as the liaising with local and international suppliers
- Supports the organisation of staff trainings
Candidates fulfilling the above minimum eligibility requirements will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Hold at least a Secondary school education in relevant discipline(s) (e.g.: accounting, business administration, public administration, economics) or professional equivalent experience;
- Have at least 3 years of working experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping, office administration or project financial management at a level comparable to the qualification referred to the above position;
- Have excellent command of English and German languages;
- Be an advanced user of MS-Excel and MS-Word;
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or hold a valid working permit.
Terms and conditions for employment
- Additional qualifications (e.g. university degree or training certificates in disciplines related to the position);
- Additional years of experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping, office administration or project financial management;
- Strong analytical capacities and problem-solving attitude;
- Independence combined with co-operative working approach;
- Ambition to work in an international environment and willingness to work on a flexible time schedule.
- The working place is Vienna (Austria);
- The employment contract will be established with EU-Förderagentur GmbH, a subsidiary body of the City of Vienna, under Austrian private law;
- Working at the JS shall start at the earliest possible date following the conclusion of the selection procedure and will last two years (including a one-month probation period). The contract can be further prolonged according to performance of the employee. The employment is foreseen on a 40 hours per week basis plus overtime hours depending on needs;
- Overtime hours carried out in addition to the standard working time can be either paid out or converted into compensatory time off - with limitations;
- The work of the employee will be supervised and coordinated by the Head of Unit;
- The annual salary will depend on professional background and experiences, starting from at least EUR 45.000,- gross per year. Net salary will strongly depend on individual taxation;
- The working language is English.
- Shortlisting of candidates and interview: Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview in Vienna. The interview will last approximately 45 minutes and will be followed by a practical exercise. Inclusion in the short-list does not guarantee any appointment.
- Confidentiality: Candidates are reminded that the selection is confidential. All enquiries or requests for information or documentation in relation to the selection should be addressed to the address referred below. Candidates are asked to report any potential change of contact information in writing without delay.
Submission of application
Interested individuals are invited to apply online via this online system.
- Equal Opportunities: Equal opportunities policy without distinction on the grounds of sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation will be applied.
The application shall include:
To upload the CV and motivation letter (in PDF) follow the instructions in the online application tool.
- A motivation letter in English of no more than one page;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (using the European CV format available on: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions);
- The online filled-in application form. Supporting documents might be requested on demand.
EU-Förderagentur GmbH seeks to attain gender balance within the Wien Holding Group and encourages applicants of both genders to apply for this position. Applicant data will be managed according to the Law on Data Protection 2000, Austrian Federal Law Gazette No. 165/1999.
Please note that the information submitted by the candidates and the selection process documentation might be shared with other departments of EU-Förderagentur GmbH, the programme MC, the MA and the JS.
The deadline for submitting applications is 23 August 2018.
For questions related to the present vacancy please contact the JS at: Info@interreg-central.eu.