Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking an
Preferably Nairobi, Kenya (or alternatively Frankfurt, Germany)
Associate in Risk Management - focus on Northwest Africa and SSA region (m/f/d)
The Risk Management Department is responsible for credit risk management and particularly for underwriting and subsequent monitoring of lending transactions to financial institutions. It is looking for a new member to support the following tasks:
- Monitoring of assigned country portfolios, financial sector trends and operating environment to identify potential risk factors for Funds' investments in partner financial institutions.
- Analysis of financial statements and other financial and non-financial information available on potential and existing partner financial institutions.
- Support to senior staff members in the investment process from preliminary analysis to on-site due-diligence examination and investment analysis and deal structuring.
- Preparation of internal rating reports, memoranda and management presentations.
- Analysis and research through public sources and internal databases.
- Assessment and monitoring of integrity profile of the existing and potential partner institutions.
- Maintenance and regular update of rating and investment compliance databases for assigned country portfolios.
What we expect:
- University degree in economics, finance or business administration.
- Demonstrated skills in financial analysis and financial modelling.
- Sufficient relevant professional experience in banking and finance.
- Familiarity with political and cultural context of the Northwest African and the SSA countries is considered as a strong advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
- Excellent Excel and strong Power-Point skills, familiarity with Bloomberg Terminals and VBA skills are a plus.
- Self-starter with attention to detail, analytical mindset and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player, open and engaging communication style and refined inter-personal skills.
- Occasional travel to the Northwest African and SSA regions or other countries of operation.
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission.
Our more than 230 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application.